An Engineering Manager in Skopje Development Center manages all activities of software development and test teams and sets achievable goals for his/ her team members in order to make sure that projects and work packages are delivered within the agreed time, budget, and quality metrics.
• 10+ years of experience in Software Development, Engineering, or IT with at least 5 years in a management position;
• Proven experience in delivering high-quality projects;
• Experience in leading mid-size teams/departments;
• Experience in developing cloud-based solutions preferably in Microsoft Azure;
• Experience with technology like .NET, CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, SQL Server / Azure SQL (or other similar RDBMS), ETL, Python;
• BSc in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, or related discipline. MSc would be a plus;
• Experience in the insurance industry would be a big plus;
• Organizational, planning, and documentation skills;
• Past use of Agile/Scrum or similar collaborative tools.
• Develops, manages, and prepares the best engineering team;
• Guides, coaches, and mentors his/her employees, with the objective of continuous improvement on both technical and soft skills;
• Understands Softelligence engineering practices and implements them in the teams;
• Manages the engineering staff and assigns work packages to all technical personnel;
• Oversees project logistics (equipment, infrastructure, etc.) and resource allocation;
• Manages multiple projects;
• Monitors, evaluates, and ensures the completion of tasks and projects;
• Supervises the architecture plus leads efforts to develop a technical roadmap for all projects;
• Works closely with Engineers, Developers, and Product Management throughout the organization to influence product development by assisting or improving products;
• Develops relations with existing and prospective internal customers to interpret all individual requirements;
• Learns and displays how products would add value to the respective business;
• Ensure top quality design reviews attain business goals;
• Represents the software department in meetings.
We offer a diverse package of benefits, which was built based on the needs of our people, the nature of the work performed, and the existing offer in the market.
The package includes:
Founded in 2006, Softelligence enables organizations in Financial Services to accelerate growth with next-generation InsurTech through automation, AI and machine learning. We have extensive industry knowledge and broad expertise in digital projects covering paperless quote and bind flows, automation of the claims process through AI, fraud detection using machine learning algorithms across personal and commercial lines, corporate and speciality as well as digital lending, KYC and other digital banking flows. From data to insights with compelling dashboards, from manual processes and forms to pure digital customer journeys, Softelligence is the partner of choice for many Top-Tier Insurers and Banks in Europe and North-America.
Emanuela Ciubotaru, Recruitment Lead
We’d love to hear about your plans for transformation.
Use the form below to send us a message, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
New Broad Street House, 35 New Broad Street, London, EC2M 1NH
4D Gara Herastrau Street, 2nd Floor
Building C, 020334
+40 31 425 19 08
30 Stirbei Voda Blvd,
Malmo Business Center, 200423
+40 35 142 36 80